This Week...The median list price in MEDINA, OH 44256 this week is $299,900. The 235 properties have been on the market for an average of 128 days.The Market Action Index has been trending down
Six Tips For Selling Your Home In A Shifting Market
Six Tips For Selling Your Home In A Shifting Market!
1. Price it right. Contact your local real estate professional to ensure you have the most current Comparative Market Analysis for the homes sold in your area.
This valuable tool will help you price your home in such a way that it attracts not only buyers but also other real estate professionals who have clients interested
in purchasing a home just like yours.
2. Ask for a Merchandising Review. This one-page worksheet is critical to ensuring your home is sold for the most money, in the least amount of time and for the
best possible terms. Why? It details all of the finer points of selling your home in today's market.
3. Clear the clutter. While the shelves and walls full of novelties, mementos and family photos are treasures to you, prospective buyers need a "clean landscape"
in which to envision their own possessions. Clear the clutter, and box up/store personal items. This presents a better "showplace" and also safeguards your
precious items while your property is being viewed by potential buyers.
4. Grade on the "curb." Curb appeal is never more important than in a changing market. Your home can be a masterpiece inside, but if the outside is drab, dirty,
cluttered or unkempt, you can be sure that prospective buyers will drive on by. Polish or replace hardware such as door knockers, knobs and light fixtures.
Plant colorful flowers in the beds, trim hedges, keep your lawn tidy, and consider a nice accent piece for your porch. If your door is faded or chipped, bring it back
to life with a fresh "sand and paint" job!
5. Take the stage. Consider hiring a professional to "stage" your house before prospective buyers begin coming through your door, especially if your house has
been vacant for a while. A professional stager generally charges between $1,000 and $2,000 and arranges furnishings so that prospects can more easily envision
their own furniture in the house. An experienced stager also can add a touch of class to your home.
6. Offer financial incentives. Offer buyer's agents a 4% commission rather than the traditional 3%, along with closing cost assistance to buyers. Closing cost assistance
is especially attractive now that credit has tightened, and 100% loans are next to impossible to obtain.
As a real estate professional, I'm always here to help. Whether you have questions regarding the shifting market or how to best show your property, or you just want to
learn how much your home is worth today, I can help. I'm a resource you can count on and an advocate you can trust. Call or text me today!